Monday, February 7, 2011

Motherhood


This has REALLY been on my mind.
I read it HERE.
This young new mother lost her daughter last summer-
this is put so well:
Life is hard. Sometimes it's incredibly hard. That is how it's been for us the past little while. Many people have told me that when I look back I will be amazed at how much I've grown, the crazy thing is I've already seen it...

For all of you who have lost a child, or who will in the future, I'm not going to pretend it isn't the most painful and difficult thing I've ever experienced. I've always wanted to be a mother, and have loved every single moment. To all the mom's out there I think you're simply amazing. I don't think we realize how much time we give up, and how much we love doing what we do for our children. To revert back to only having myself and Patrick to think about is difficult. It's painful to wake up each morning to silence and not hearing Preslee call out "mama." I miss the long stroller walks and reading her books. I miss the tender moments I had with her saying her nightly prayers right before bed. I even miss the tantrums thrown in public. :) I miss everything about that little girl. Again, it's so difficult to go back being consumed with myself, and not focused on Preslee.


President Thomas S. Monson, stated: “I believe the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and figuratively lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish—and in effect save their lives.” That's what being a mother is, it's service. That's why it brings so much joy. So tonight, when you've had a long day and your kids are on your nerves, realize how much different you would be without them.


Being a mother is a service. I love every minute of it. Even the worn out days, the annoyed moments, the arguing, fighting, it's all worth it. What a blessing it is to be a mother. I have printed this quote out- and put it in a visual place I can see everyday. Just to remind me how blessed and lucky I am to have these 3 wonderful children who need me everyday. Without them I would just be a mother without kids.

I can not even imagine attempting to overcome a trial like this AMAZING mother has. (go here to read about her journey)
My heart just aches for what she has been through.

What courage and faith it would take.

I look at my beautiful children differently. They are gifts from my Heavenly Father. For me to take care of. love and nurture.
I am so grateful for this woman and her willingness to share her struggles and thoughts.

May we all start tomorrow off with a grateful attitude, and remember how thankful and blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to add? oh come on-- please share your secrects with us!